Dr Yoshi Terauchi – Predictable File Removal and Management
SMC Conference & Function Centre
Please click here for more information on our new venue, Sydney Masonic Centre (SMC Conference and Function Centre), how to get there and information on nearby parking.
13 March, 2020 - 6:00 pm
Broken instruments can complicate disinfection and seem impossible to remove, causing stress for the clinicians involved. Although historic literature assumes that endodontic instruments cannot be retrieved and that extraction or apical surgery are indicated, Dr Yoshi Terauchi has researched, published and pioneered his own techniques for predictable, reliable and safe, steps to remove separated instruments.
After attending the lecture, the attendees will be able to:
- Recognise factors affecting the likelihood of separating an instrument
- Understand the influence of instrument separation on prognosis
- Discuss with patients the implications of instrument separation
- Assess case difficulty with CBVT imaging and determine the ideal protocol for the removal of the separated instruments
- Perform file removal in various scenarios
- Obturate teeth after instrument removal
- Understand the strengths and pitfalls of various obturation systems
- Understand the various application of bioceramics in endodontics